Our first update to the Essentials Guide in over a decade features tons of new and upgraded features! Based on extensive input and requests from Classical Conversations Communities nationwide, we have divided Essentials English Language Curriculum, Fifth Edition into three parts:
- The Essentials Curriculum
- The Essentials Solutions Manual
- The Essentials Student Packet.
This change will make it easier for families to take their curriculum to community and work with their own children at home.
The Essentials Curriculum
The bridge between the Foundations and Challenge curriculums has been strengthened!
Featuring tabbed sections, three-hole punched pages for easy binding, clear lesson overviews, and connections to Foundation Memory Work and to Challenge Latin, the Fifth Edition provides our most robust support yet to Essentials families and communities:
- Tabbed sections for each lesson, along with tabs to easily identify other key sections
- New layouts that assist parents and Tutors in the logical flow of information
- Short notes of guidance and encouragement
- Helpful weekly lesson summaries
- Charts and Guides added and clearly placed throughout
- Updated model sentences
- All work clearly designated as, “At Home,” or, “In Community”
- Glossary of all terms
The Solutions Manual
Brand new addition!
Conveniently printed as a separate piece, The Solutions Manual contains the same question-confirmation model script for each sentence, so you can lead each lesson with confidence.
The Student Packet
All new for the 5th Edition!
Printed as a third artifact for easy transport, the Essentials Student Packet contains reproduce-able charts, editing lessons, and spelling lists for convenient work-at-home or on-the-go.
“This is so crisp and clear. I think the way you have formatted it guides me to all the right information.”
“The way you have consolidated information allows me to stay on track with helping my kids. This is great!”
—Rachel, new parent